Family dentistry services include support for our patients from the Oakville, Burlington and surrounding areas
Here at Burloak Centre Dentistry, our team devotes time every day to building personal relationships with our patients. We understand the smile's importance to your sense of confidence and your overall health. Additionally, we know the value of trust
in the dentist-patient relationship. When you visit our family dentistry centre in Oakville, you will notice that a lot of effort goes in to making you comfortable with the care recommended to you.
Patients may visit our practice for preventive, restorative, and cosmetic treatments designed around their needs. As we work with you to create a customized program to achieve your goals, we also offer tips on managing your oral
health between visits.
- Develop a hygiene program you can do at home on a daily basis, and stick with it. During your routine visit with us, we can discuss the steps that will best suit your needs and lifestyle.
- Don't stop at brushing. Most people know that they should floss their teeth daily. It sounds very simple. However, one of the common areas we see decay is in between teeth. Your daily hygiene routine should include brushing in
the morning, after lunch (ideally), and at night. After the last brushing, teeth should be flossed.
- Harness the power of fluoride. The purpose of fluoride in toothpaste is to strengthen teeth against decay. Some children and adults can benefit from additional fluoride, applied topically in our office.
- Choose healthy foods. Sugary and starchy foods leave a residue on teeth that feed bacteria, which then leave acid on teeth and gums. Eating crunchy fruits and vegetables promotes a cleaner mouth, as does drinking water throughout
- Avoid tobacco. Tobacco use is linked to a number of oral health and general health issues. This habit will cause teeth to become discoloured and weakens gum tissue. The lack of oxygenation caused by tobacco makes it more difficult
to fight infection. Additionally, tobacco use increases your risk for oral cancer.
- Get to know your mouth. When you brush and floss, be mindful of the appearance of your teeth and gums. This allows you to quickly spot any changes that should be assessed by your dentist. Pain warrants prompt evaluation.
Taking care of your mouth is one of the best ways to enjoy better health throughout your life. Contact Burloak Centre Dentistry for assistance in developing a customized dental health plan.