safe and effective, tooth implants from your Oakville, ON dentist provide several benefits
Tooth loss is a problem that can lead to others. For instance, if even one tooth is missing, surrounding teeth can shift, impacting the look of the smile. Today, we have improved ways of handling tooth loss. Dental implant treatment has been performed for three decades now, and has taken over as the safe
, convenient new standard of tooth
are an effective form of tooth replacement performed in our Oakville, ON
The difference between this option versus bridgework or dentures is that implants are inserted into healthy jawbone tissue, where, over a short time, they become fused within the bone structure, just like natural teeth roots. In this design are many benefits:
- Replacing the missing root, implants recreate near-natural function and beauty. Dentures and bridgework are only designed to replace the visible portion of the missing tooth. Implant treatment is the only in which the stability needed for comfort and function is considered.
- Implants, like natural roots, stimulate bone tissue in the jaw. This stimulation is necessary for the bone to remain dense and intact. Without it, bone tissue breaks down. Many people who have worn dentures for some time experience the degeneration of bone tissue, experiencing changes in their facial esthetic. When the bone is preserved, so is a healthy, more youthful facial structure.
- Implants look so natural that no difference is seen between an implant tooth replacement and natural teeth.
- When an implant is used as an alternative to a fixed bridge, healthy tooth structure is preserved. Bridges require the modification (drilling down) of two healthy teeth in order to stabilize the replacement tooth. An implant, being a solitary prosthetic, requires no stabilization after integration with bone tissue.
- Due to the extreme stability of dental implants, chewing, smiling, laughing, and speaking can all be done with total confidence. Dentures may rub against the gums, creating discomfort. They may also slide out of place, leading to embarrassing situations. With implants, these risks are eliminated and you can enjoy your smile as if you were born with it.
Your smile deserves care. Contact Burloak Centre Dentistry to learn more about dental implant treatment or our other services.