Dental Crowns & Bridges
Burloak Centre Dentistry is proud to provide a wide variety of restorative dental care here at our Oakville, ON office. Fixed bridges and dental crowns are among the most common and versatile restorations, used to protect, repair, or replace teeth. We will work with you to create a treatment plan, help restore your oral health and achieve your cosmetic goals.
About Dental Crowns
Crowns are sometimes called "caps" because they fit over teeth, covering all visible surfaces. They restore the shape and structure of badly decayed or damaged teeth. Crowns are also used to protect weak or compromised teeth, particularly after root canal treatment.
Dental crowns have many benefits including:
- Correcting disproportionate or misshapen teeth
- Repairing broken or decayed teeth
- Restoring the appearance of damaged teeth
- Correcting aesthetic imperfections
About Dental Bridges
Dental bridges are fixed restorations used to replace teeth. The prosthetic tooth or teeth are supported by dental crowns. Bridges are complete units, so the process of placing them is convenient and efficient, much like the process for crowns.
Dental bridges have many benefits, including:
- Eating without difficulty
- Stop adjacent teeth from drifting toward the gap
- Fill the gap in your smile
Dental crowns and bridges only require a few office visits:
- We begin with a consultation and treatment planning.
- Our dentist will prepare the tooth for a temporary crown to be placed.
- Once your new restoration is designed, it is then fabricated with precision by our dental laboratory. When it is ready, we will schedule your next visit.
- The final step is checking the fit and appearance of the crown/bridge, and cementing it in place.
Don't wait to begin restoring your smile. Call Burloak Centre Dentistry at 905.581.4436 today, and schedule a consultation.